Small & Cottage Industries Training Institute (SCITI)
Bangladesh Small & Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC)
Ministry of Industries, Government of Bangladesh
Small and Cottage Industries Training Institute (SCITI): started functioning in January 1985. This is the only Institute in the country to support the entrepreneurs in SME sector and their employees in the development of their entrepreneurial & managerial skill.
Besides, the institute also provides training to the promotion and extension officials of both public and private sector agencies on different SME related areas.
Genarel Information :
a)Course materials development for entrepreneurship and other SME related courses.
b) Socio-economic evaluation of development project.
c) Investment project preparation (feasibility studies for industrial and development project, project proposals.)
d) Diagnosis of industrial sickness and subsequent business management counseling.
e) Area potential study.
f) Sub-sector study
The Government of Bangladesh attaches great importance to the development of small and cottage industries sector in its industrial policy.
The objectives of the institute have been framed in conformity with the national aim for industrialization of the country.
The objectives of the institute are :
- Entrepreneurship development and improvement of Industrial extension service for SME.
- Management skill development of BSCIC personnel.
- Management skill development of personnel of the Government and non-Government Organizations involved in SME.
- Management development of private sector entrepreneurs.
- Research and consultancy program for development of SME.
- Collaborative program with International Training Institute for Training, Seminars and Workshops.
- Working as Business Development Service Provider (BDSP) for Govt. Organizations, NGOs, International Agencies, Private Organization and the organization working with SME development.